COVID-19 information from respected sources
How to use a surgical mask
- Wash your hands with soap and water or clean them with a hand disinfectant.
- Carefully cover your mouth and nose with the mask and fasten it properly, eliminating any gaps between your face and the mask as far as possible.
- Avoid touching the mask while you’re wearing it. Once you’ve touched a used mask, for example when taking it off, wash your hands with soap and water or clean them with a hand disinfectant.
- As soon as your mask gets damp replace it with a new clean, dry one.
- Never re-use surgical masks.
- Never keep them after use; dispose of them immediately after use.
The wearing of masks has been compulsory on all forms of public transport since 6 July 2020. In addition, travellers from certain regions will have to go into quarantine. Events attended by more than 1,000 people remain prohibited until at least the end of August.
For the latest information on the corona virus situation in Switzerland please visit the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH)
COVID-19 Animation: What Happens If You Get Coronavirus?
WHO Coronavirus Questions and Answers
Can Masks Protect against Coronavirus
When and How to wear a medical mask